I've been trying to hone my skills in many new areas lately and this sketch is part of a series I'm doing where I try to capture TEXTURE. I've previously drawn a ball of twine and I'm working on a larger sketch today of a pile of old rope. On my "TO DO" list is to sketch some pears for the smooth texture they have and also a crumpled piece of paper for it's wrinkled & creased planes. I just thought that maybe I'll also do some pebbles, smooth but together also textured and bumpy. What fun, just using a pencil. Although I'm inspired by my friend's newest inked drawing...
|Artist: Tracey Fletcher King|
So, here's my pinecone sketch.
|Title: "Pine Needles & Cones"|
- Post the rules for playing along in this game of tag!
- Answer 11 questions the tagger posted for you.
- Create 11 questions to ask the people you tag.
- Tag 11 people who you think would love to participate.
- Let your tagged bloggers know you've tagged them!
Here are my answers to Terrie's questions:
5. Symmetrical or asymmetrical? Both, Neither. I love things that are BALANCED. They can be asymmetrical but they have to be balanced on the canvas. I tend to like my backyard gardens to be symmetrical and my artwork asymmetrical but balanced, does that make sense?
8. How do you relax? Reading, I love reading. At the moment I must have hundreds of unread books and excerpts of books on my Kindle. I've been really busy lately so I've been so missing my books but I'm gonna organize my time better as it gets warmer so I can go out onto our lovely patio balcony with a cup of hazelnut coffee and some peanut butter crackers & my trusty Kindle. OOh, I'm getting excited for Summer already!!
10. What wakes up your muse? (or, where do you find your creative inspiration?) Other people's art. I troll blogs and Etsy with giddy pleasure and I collect photos for inspiration. I find seeing other people's beautiful artwork incredibly inspiring. I'm also trying to take a note from several of my friends though, and see the things around me as inspiration. I love art that's just everyday items sketched, drawn or painted. There truly is beauty in everything around us, just a collection of forks can be so interesting with line, form and shadow.
11. What food do you crave most often? That's a hard one, I can't pick just one because I have two main categories. One is the general cravings everyone has, but then I'm very sensitive to gluten, not Celiac, thank God, but still I get really sick with even a tablespoon of noodles. So my second category consists of the things I just can't have anymore. So, Category One - chocolate! Category Two - toast with butter on regular oaty bread, chicken noodle soup, Campball's Thick & Chunky Clam Chowder and Wheat Thin crackers.
Ok, so here is my list of bloggers I'm tagging...
- Ellen at Card Monkey's Paper Jungle
- Diane at The Expressive Palette
- Kim at IMGirl Without Wings
- Maggie at The Magpie's Nest
- Shelly at Pics By Shel
- Hettienne at Her Grace Devata
- Lisa at Priti Studio
- Elizabeth & Bluebeard at Altered Book Lover
- Yvonne at VonnyK
- Debbie at CraftyMoose
Here are my 11 Questions:
- Coffee, tea or me - What's your FAVORITE drink??
- Where does your inspiration come from?
- Where is your favorite place to be?
- Did you have a stuffed animal when you were little that you loved to death?
- What's your weirdest trait?
- Tell me something no one else knows about you but you wish they did!
- If you could buy a new pet right now, what would it be and what would you name it?
- Are you vain about something?
- Have you found your niche, in other words, would people be able to recognize your artwork without your signature? How did you find that comfortable place?
- What style of art do you WISH you could do but don't or can't right now?
- Favorite kind/brand of art supply?
Enjoy your week!
P.S. I would really appreciate my readers signing up and following my blog using my Linky tool. It's looking a little anemic right now, lol. I miss all of your little pictures greeting me when I'm on my blog. Thank you to all who are following, I truly appreciate it. If you'd like me to follow you back please leave your blog in the comments and I'd be happy to read and follow you back!