The second thing I cam across actually made me cry and I'm totally participating in it right away!! It's called "The Butterfly Project". The Holocaust Museum in Houston is doing an amazing thing. They have set up a goal to collect 1.5 million handmade butterflies (in any form, painting, collage, sketch etc.) from around the world by December 31st, 2012. Each butterfly represents one of the 1.5 million children who perished in the Holocaust. In the Spring of 2014 an exhibit will be installed in the museum to serve as a memory of the children. Isn't that so tragically sad but such a beautiful tribute? They chose butterflies because of the following poem.
- Butterflies should be no larger than 8 inches by 10 inches.
- Butterflies may be of any medium the artist chooses, but two-dimensional submissions are preferred.
- Glitter and all glitter-related products should not be used.
- Food products (cereal, macaroni, candy, marshmallows or other perishables) also should not be used.
Holocaust Museum Houston
c/o Butterfly Project
5401 Caroline St.
Houston, TX 77004
Please include the following:
- Your name
- Your organization or school
- Your address
- Your e-mail address
- The total number of butterflies sent.
I'm sending my butterfly in right away, I decided to pull my favorite butterfly bookmark out of my Etsy shop. This is the one I'll be sending...
|Title: "Butterfly Thoughts"|
Have a lovely day, all, and remember to please love one another. We can use all the love we can get.