She and I got talking and I mentioned that I wished I had a decorated artist's journal. I could add ideas and clipped out art to it and use it as a brainstorming book. At the moment, I lamented, I had little piles of paper lying around haphazardly with nowhere to put them. She offered to make me some pages if I wanted and that's where this whole artist journal idea was born. I bought some cool papers and some chipboard (thin cardboard) pages with binder rings and I sent it to her along with a bunch of digital pictures of ideas and "looks" I liked. She'll use her expertise in scrapbooking and her artistic, creative eye to make me an artist's journal that I can then add my future artwork ideas to. I'm so excited!
Yes, I could have made the book myself. But there are so many reasons to have Jess make it for me. Here are my top reasons why I'm not doing it myself.
- Jess is a very talented and creative artist.
- It's like a birthday present to myself. (My birthday is this Sunday, May 16th... and so is Jess's, for that matter. A neat coincidence.)
- It'll be nice to see someone else's work and use that as a jumping off point.
- I don't have any of the expertise, experience or tools to do a good job without much time, effort and expense.
- I don't want to.
- I'm too lazy.
- I'm waaaaayyy to busy with my own art.
- Just because, that's why!
I'm out. Later? ;o)
Tweet this Post