I love the way it turned out! I'm finding that I'm happier than I've been in a very long time. I am dreaming about painting every night. Last night I had a dream where I painted a hosta leaf in muted rainbow colors with wonderful highlighting, using all the light and dark values of every color. I named it "If Apple did Hosta". I woke up laughing and planning my drawings I'd do today.
I have the last five paintings drawn out already, I just have to paint them. I'm hoping to have at least two more done tomorrow because I only have a few more days until my final lesson with Shirley. I want to do some extra paintings with background washes so I have the questions I want to ask about them ready in my head.
Oh, I wanted to mention that I have been using the coolest new tool to get my paintings successfully onto the web. Have you heard about Skitch? It's like a camera and a paint program plus an upload widget to get the whole mess you just created onto the world wide web. You can "grab" content from anywhere on your computer, like a screenshot, then manipulate the image, then upload it to a server which gives you all the code needed to add your image easily to your blog. Wow, and it's free. Yep, you heard me, you weren't hallucinating. Best thingamagiggie I ever downloaded. Go. Try it.
- 1 bottle of dry red wine (750 ml)
- 2 shots peaches schnapps
- 2 cups 7-up (or soda if you want it less sweet)
- 2 cups of freshly squeezed orange juice (500ml)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 6 strawberries, halved
- 1 peach, cut into wedges
- 1 orange, cut into round slices
- 1 lime, cut into round slices
- Combine all of the ingredients into a glass pitcher.
- Mix and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve over crushed ice.